This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

64 bit Outlook 2010

May 30, 2011 at 8:55 PM
Edited May 30, 2011 at 8:57 PM

Hi, have you tested the examples (or the framework in general) against 64 bit version of Outlook 2010? 

I can't get it to run - both Add-Ins end up under "Inacitve Application Add-ins", and trying to enable them with the "Go"-button at the bottom of the Add Ins management page does not work. Prior experience trying to get add-ins working with Outlook x64 are unfortunately not very positive.

edit: I did try changing the Platform target in VS2010 ultimate from "Any CPU" to "x64" on all 9 projects in OutlookExamples.sln, but that resulted in compilation error due to references to OutlookClassicAddinCSharp.dll yielding "(...) is not a valid assembly." Probably because it's compiled with the x86 architecture flag?

Coordinator
May 30, 2011 at 10:34 PM

hello Nilzor,

i do tests (exactly project member hurby do tests) with 64 architecture word and works fine.
but maybe its necessary build 32 and 64 bit assemblies.
its possible to send you compiled 64 bit netoffice assemblies(and outlook examples) and you test it ?( in this case please send me mail or msn adress)

Sebastian

May 30, 2011 at 10:49 PM

hi,

I would appreciate that. I will send you a message with my email.

Jun 1, 2011 at 4:33 PM

Yea just wanted to let you know that 64 bit version works just fine :) It wasn't the build at all that was the problem, it was the Outlook ribbon that I couldn't get to start up at first.