This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Problems with running the VB word netoffice examples in Windows 7

Apr 18, 2013 at 12:22 PM
Hi

I have successfully loaded in the COMAddinTaskPaneExample into Word 2007 using Windows XP and registered it in Windows Vista. When using Windows 7 and Office 2010, I copied all the .dll files into both my System32 folder and Syswow64 folder. Used the v4.0.30319\RegAsm.exe from both the Framework64 and Framework folders to register the project. When using Visual Studio 2010 it builds successfully however when rebuilding it cannot and states that the files need to be registered.

In Microsoft Word it makes the entry for NetOffice Example in the Word Addin's however cannot load it and leaves the location blank. Not sure what I am doing wrong. Windows 7 seems to be in a league of it's own.

Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated. Cheers
Apr 19, 2013 at 11:07 AM
Hello,

Make a folder where you store the .dll and let your project take reference on them.

While importing the references of your .dll, did you tell them in the Project Manager to be "Always copied"?

Maybe it could help you. I didn't register any .dll too and it's working.
Apr 19, 2013 at 11:20 AM
Sorry not sure how you find that using visual studio express 2010
Apr 19, 2013 at 11:31 AM
Actually realised my problem. I ran the visual studio express 2010 as administrator and that worked. Question if I run visual studio as administrator do I have ever require registering of com interop via regasm.exe?