This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

error at first attempt using Project Wizard

Feb 8, 2015 at 11:13 AM
Edited Feb 8, 2015 at 11:14 AM
downloaded "NetOffice 1.7.2.zip" and unzipped it
run "DeveloperToolbox.exe" and started "Project Wizard"
but at the very last step, on clicking "finish" I got the following error

"1 | I percorsi di origine e destinazione devono avere radici identiche. Non è possibile effettuare spostamenti da un volume all'altro. | IOException | Void InternalMove(System.String, System.String, Boolean)"

which could be translated as "origin and destionation paths must have identical roots. it's not possible moving things from one volume to another..."

hope someone can help me

here are my exact steps through the wizard:

"Project type" step:
Project type item
  • selected "automatic addin" radio button
  • checked "Use NetOffice Tools" checkbox
    project folder item
  • selected "Custom" radio button and typed in the path to a folder I created "C:\Users\Riccardo\Documents\NetOffice\Excel"
"Environment" step
Language item
  • selected C# radio button
    Environment item
  • selected "Visual Studio 2010 Express radio button
    .Net Runtme item
    selected 3.5 Net version from the listbox
"Which Office application you want support?" step
cheked "Excel" checkbox

"Informations about your assembly" step
typed "MyAssembly_n001" in "Name" text box
typed "first attempt with excel and NetOffice" in "Description" textbox

"Choose Load Behavior options" step
Choose addin is available for all users or not item
  • selected "Curent User" radio button
    Decide when it has to be loaded item
  • selected "3 = Load at startup" from listbox
"User Interface" step
checked "I want customize the Ribbon UI", "Ich want a custom Task Pane" and "Create a Toggle Button for the Task Pane (Visibility)" checkboxes

"Done!" step
clicked "Finish" button
Coordinator
Feb 10, 2015 at 4:57 PM
thanks for pointing this out !!!

i want replace the NO Toolbox 1.4.0 with 1.4.2(available as beta in the download section) tomorrow !

*Sebastian
Coordinator
Feb 12, 2015 at 1:08 AM
done. toolbox 1.4.2 is now part of the release package.

*Sebastian
Feb 14, 2015 at 7:36 AM
Thank you Sebastian

I downloaded "NO Developer Toolbox 1.4.2 (Beta)" but I'm still stuck.
Here's how I acted
I saw "NO Developer Toolbox 1.4.2 (Beta)" folder contained subfolders named as some of those already downloaded with "NetOffice 1.7.2", namely "Source" and "Toolbox Binaries". but while the latter seemed to be much the same as the one already downloaded, the former contained brand new folders only and the new "NetOffice Toolbox.exe".
So I copied and pasted:
  • folders from "...\NO Developer Toolbox 1.4.2 (Beta)\Source" in "...\NetOffice 1.7.2\Source"
  • "NetOffice Toolbox.exe" from "..\NO Developer Toolbox 1.4.2 (Beta)" to "...\NetOffice 1.7.2"
    and no copying&pasting of the "Source" folder.
went through the wizard and still got the error
"1 | I percorsi di origine e destinazione devono avere radici identiche. Non è possibile effettuare spostamenti da un volume all'altro. | IOException | Void InternalMove(System.String, System.String, Boolean)"

have I done something wrong?
Coordinator
Feb 14, 2015 at 7:59 AM
okay, now i see.

"which could be translated as "origin and destionation paths must have identical roots. it's not possible moving things from one volume to another..."

do you start the toolbox from another drive(may D:\ or something like this) or is your temp directory on another drive instead of C:\ ?

i have to fix this asap(File.Copy and File.Delete instead of File.Move if the root directory(drive) is different).

*Sebastian
Feb 14, 2015 at 9:19 AM
I downloaded both "NO Developer Toolbox 1.4.2 (Beta)" and "NetOffice 1.7.2" in my "E" drive
VS2010 Express is forced to be installed in "C" drive
I have "Temp" folders in "C", "D" and "E" drives

what shall I do?

thank you

Riccardo
Coordinator
Feb 14, 2015 at 9:55 AM
You have only one registered temp directory in windows. typical on "C:..."
as hotfix, i suggest you to move the toolbox to a folder in "C:\"

unfortunately the toolbox is currently not ready to move files from one drive to another. i want fix this as fast as possible.

*Sebastian
Feb 14, 2015 at 10:32 AM
I moved both "NO Developer Toolbox 1.4.2 (Beta)" and "NetOffice 1.7.2" in my "C" drive
still hitting the same error

maybe I'm doing something wrong elsewhere
for instance I'm just executing "NetOffice Toolbox.exe" (1.4.2.0) , with no VS2010 Express running
Moreover, when in VS2010 express I can't find any VS Project Wizard available

Riccardo
Coordinator
Feb 14, 2015 at 11:04 AM
The same error at same time in project wizard(regarding first message)? It can't be...

do you see the netoffice error dialog? if its true please use the button "copy exception details to clipboard" and paste the content here.

what about VS2010 ? the toolbox doesnt spend a project wizard addin. moreover VS2010 express doesnt load addins(only VS2010 pro)

*Sebastian
Feb 14, 2015 at 12:43 PM
Edited Feb 14, 2015 at 12:46 PM
I swear!

from "Copy to clipboard" button (I don't have "copy exception details to clipboard" label as you mentioned) I get:

1 | I percorsi di origine e destinazione devono avere radici identiche. Non è possibile effettuare spostamenti da un volume all'altro. | IOException | Void InternalMove(System.String, System.String, Boolean)

clicking on the only item in the table inside the "Error" window, I get:
System.IO.IO.Exeption: I percorsi di origine e destinazione devono avere radici identiche. Non è possibile effettuare spostamenti da un volume all'altro
in
System.IO.Directory.InternalMove(String sourceDirName, String destDirName, Boolean checkHost)
in
NetOfficeDeveloperToolbox.ToolboxControls.ProjectWizard.ProjectConverters.ToolsSingleAddinConverterCS.CreateSolution()
in
NetOfficeDeveloperToolbox.ToolboxControls.ProjectWizard.ProjectWizardControl.finishButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

(Note: i clicked "insert Img" up-right button in thid editor but it only inserts "Image" )

as for VS2010 and project wizard:
I got from this post the following
"I'm doing it with VB 2010 Express + NetOffice + Developer Toolbox.
It's dead easy. Just create a new project and in the template dialog, choose "Automation Addin" under "NetOffice". The wizard will do the rest.!<
I also tried with VS2010 Ultimate, but couldn't see the template I see Here
Coordinator
Feb 15, 2015 at 9:18 AM
I have created Toolbox 1.4.2.1 today. Its available now in the download section(scroll down).
Please let me know how this works for you.
The project wizard addin for visual studio is not part of the toolbox himself and currently unavailable.

*Sebastian
Feb 15, 2015 at 9:32 AM
Edited Feb 15, 2015 at 9:45 AM
Thank you Sebastian

to avoid errors please let me know how am I supposed to treat the content of the newly downloaded "NO Developer Toolbox 1.4.2 (Beta)" folder with respect to "NetOffice 1.7.2" folder I already had.
Have I to substitute this latter "Source" and "Toolbox Binaries" folders content totally?

And, finally, can I place those folders in "E" drive?

Riccardo
Coordinator
Feb 15, 2015 at 9:42 AM
no need for the source.
just replace the toolbox.exe and the dependencies folder "Toolbox Binaries".
(the source is for troubleshooting, you can run the toolbox project directly in visual studio.
may this is helpful to pin point the problem if it doesnt works again. please enable the visual studio option:
Debugging/Exception/CommonLanguageRuntimeExceptions in this case to make sure vs stops in the failure line of code)

*Sebastian
Feb 15, 2015 at 10:44 AM
it all works
from E drive, too

thank you

Riccardo