Cannot embed interop type

Mar 29 at 11:59 AM
Hi,
I'm new to Netoffice and had designs on building addons for Outlook.
On downloading the source for 1.7.3 and pulling it into a SharpDevelop (4.4.1) project, I encountered a couple of initial issues (missing axImp.exe etc.) that I think i've resolved with SDK installations (8.0, 8.1) as well as needing to pull in some NUnit dependencies.

Beyond these though , i've now come up against apparent dependency issues with a couple of the Api projects and references to NetOffice, namely
  • WordApi
  • PowerpointApi
  • OutlookApi
The response is the same for each of these, as follows:
Cannot embed interop type 'NetOffice.Tools.WndUtils.ChildWindowEnumerator.EnumWindowProc' found in both assembly 'C:\_MyPath_\Documents\SharpDevelop Projects\NetOffice\out\Debug\NetOffice\NetOffice.dll' and 'C:\_MyPath_\Documents\SharpDevelop Projects\NetOffice\out\Debug\NetOffice\NetOffice.dll'. Consider setting the 'Embed Interop Types' property to false. (CS1758)
I'm fairly certain its some sort of referencing problem (cyclic?, since it names the same .dll twice?), but after trying various forums that describe the issue and possible solutions, I just can't seem to get past it.
What I find odd is that if this was a more generic project issue, why it only seems to impact these those 3 ..Api subprojects and not others.

Things i've tried,
  • Removing NetOffice references from those subprojects and reinstating
  • Various reference property alterations including, 'Embed interop types = false'
These have no impact, unless of course I leave the reference omitted for build, in which case - as expected; it complains regarding the unresolved calls from the project in question.

As I said, since my general searching hasn't turned up anyone else with the same issue, I can only think its something stupid, but any help much appreciated.

regards,
Sim
Coordinator
Mar 30 at 8:22 PM
Please go to the reference options and disable all "Embedd Interop types" option(s) for the NetOffice assemblies.
This want to fix it for sure.

*Sebastian