This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

How to publish a Ribbon Addin application?

Jul 28, 2011 at 1:28 PM

Hello,

First ,thank you for your NetOffice lib.

I have written a word Ribbon addin application,but this project output type is Class Library.

I want to install my application to my friend's computer,could you tell me how to publish it as a .exe file?

Thank you.

Coordinator
Jul 28, 2011 at 1:52 PM

a .dll file was loaded by another application and its not possible to make an exe file that runs as addin.
what you have to do is copy your addin asssembly and the netoffice assemblies to a folder on the target system.
as next step register the addin via .NET Utility RegAsm thats all. another way is to build a setup routine with msi installer, this was supported by visual studio.(i'm not sure also vs express)

Jul 29, 2011 at 6:43 AM

Thank you very much

Aug 15, 2011 at 9:54 AM

Hello,

First,Thank you for your help,i excute RegAsm to publish word addin application .

RegAsm successfully but the new Ribbon Tab can not display in a Word.

In the VS2010 or SharpDevelope IDE,press F5 debug project ,the new Ribbon Tab can display in a word.

Could you help me ?

Thank you

Coordinator
Aug 15, 2011 at 3:57 PM

hello dx,

gimme few infos about operating system and word version please.
after the registration check your addin registry key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Word\Addins\{ProgId from Your Addin}
You see here on the right side: Load Behaviour: 3
After start word the value 3 is changed from 3 to 2 ?

Aug 16, 2011 at 12:11 PM

Hello,

I have closed this problem cause of we need add a parameter which is CodeBase.

Example, RegAsm ***.dll /codebase

Thank you very much!

Coordinator
Aug 16, 2011 at 12:15 PM

no problem. btw: in the addin examples i do the codebase entry manualy in the register function and you don't the /codebase param.