NetOffice vs Excel.EXE library and ExcelDNA

Oct 5, 2011 at 8:37 PM

Right now I extracted the library from Excel.exe (2003) and use that as my library, it works great. What advantages would NetOffice hold over using this method (assuming I only work in Excel)?

Also, would there be any advantage in including ExcelDNA in conjunction with NetOffice?

Coordinator
Oct 5, 2011 at 11:00 PM
Edited Oct 26, 2011 at 7:26 PM

this means you use Interop right?
when everything works fine you have no reason to switch the API of course.
what NetOffice can do for you is what you can see in mainpage feature list.
key features(i find):
- true platform and versionindependent(includes events) without deployment trouble
- COM proxy management, smaller code without ReleaseComObject(...) or MemoryLeaks
- IntelliSense benefits, make sure all excel versions supports your target functionality
- my personal support all the time ;)

currently in development: NetOffice.DeveloperUtils AssemblyAnalyzer
 reflection with Mono.Cecil about your created assembly and shows you wich excel versions support your excel code.

at last: ExcelDNA and NetOffice is an approved combination. a lot of other developers use them. 

spend 5 minutes for the mainpage and documentation. if you have more questions, please go on.

*sebastian

Coordinator
Oct 26, 2011 at 7:30 PM
Edited Oct 28, 2011 at 3:55 PM

The NetOffice Developer Toolbox is online.
check your created assembly which office versions are compatible with your code.
NetOffice is the only API in free and commercial market there supports developers in multiple version development in this way.
multiple version development is more than just possible in NetOffice, you have an active support with the intellisense text and the assembly analyzer.
i'm very proud of this. :)