How to register in MS Project?

Apr 11, 2012 at 5:46 PM

Hi,

I've just started getting familiar with NetOffice. Seems very useful to me. But I haven't found out how to get a simple "hello world" program to run on MS Project. There is no checkbox in the Automation Add-In Assistant where you can choose Project to be supported. So there is no auto generated register function for it. I copied the MSProjectApi.dll and MSHTMLApi.dll into the folder with all the .dlls and added to the source code:

Registry.CurrentUser.CreateSubKey(@"Software\Microsoft\Office\Project\Addins\TestAddin1.Addin");               

RegistryKey regKeyProject = Registry.CurrentUser.OpenSubKey(@"Software\Microsoft\Office\Project\Addins\TestAddin1.Addin", true); 

regKeyProject.SetValue("LoadBehavior", Convert.ToInt32(3));               

regKeyProject.SetValue("FriendlyName", "TestAddin1");               

regKeyProject.SetValue("Description", "No Description available");               

regKeyProject.Close();

But this does not work. Any ideas? 

Thank you!

Coordinator
Apr 11, 2012 at 5:53 PM

hello,

i long time ago an italian it-company give me call its possible NetOffice supports MS-Project. i work for these issue and integrate MS-Project but never heard of the italian guys after my work. i have no experience with MS Project, if you want to help me a little bit here? i see the addin registry key is wrong
please change "Project" to "MS Project"

(@"Software\Microsoft\Office\Project\Addins\TestAddin1.Addin") // wrong !!

(@"Software\Microsoft\Office\MS Project\Addins\TestAddin1.Addin") // better !!

works?

*sebastian

Apr 12, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Yes man, that's it. Thank you!
Works fine now.