Where is NetOffice.dll?

May 10, 2012 at 9:21 PM

According to the deployment table, NetOffice.dll is a required assembly for ExcelApi.dll (and all other office applications for that matter).  However, I cannot find NetOffice.dll in NetOffice Release 1.4.1.

I tried running my project without NetOffice.dll, but I received the following error:

Run-time exception thrown : System.IO.FileNotFoundException - Could not load file or assembly 'ExcelApi, Version=1.4.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b1d22616f2ea9ad3' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I have CopyLocal = True for ExcelApi.dll and it appears to be able to find ExcelApi.dll.  That is what makes me think that it is the dependency, NetOffice.dll, which is actually missing.

I'm still pretty new at this whole .Net thing, so I may be missing something obvious.

Thanks,

Mike

Coordinator
May 11, 2012 at 8:30 AM

hello mike,

the documentation is currently under construction for the new 1.5  release.
the 1.4 release has the LateBindingApi.Core.dll(renamed to NetOffice.dll in 1.5)
please checkout the example projects or try the 1.5 release[RC]
sorry for the confusion!

Sebastian

May 11, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Thanks, Sebastian.  That cleared things up considerably.  

I was using ExcelDnaPack.exe to pack my Excel DNA add-in into a single .xll file.  I had to add the following lines to my .DNA file to get things working again:

<Reference Path="NetOffice.dll" Pack="true" /> 
  <Reference Path="OfficeApi.dll" Pack="true" />
  <Reference Path="ExcelApi.dll" Pack="true" />
  <Reference Path="VBIDEApi.dll" Pack="true" />

Hopefully that will help someone in the future.

PS. Great work on NetOffice.  Keep it up!