installing in SharpDevelop

Jun 18, 2012 at 11:29 PM

I've downloaded the .rar file and opened it. Where do I extract the files to and how do I tell SharpDevelop where they are (do I need to do so)? Should this be a FAQ?

Jul 9, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Anyone?

Coordinator
Jul 9, 2012 at 7:57 PM

hello

its necessary to tell SharpDevelop the assembly location. extract the .Dll's in any location you want. a good place is the %personal userfolder%\NetOffice1.5.1

- create a new sharp develop project
- go to the reference(s) node -> right mouse click / add reference and follow the dialog
the next step you choose the assembly location, in our example %personal userfolder%\NetOffice1.5.1\%NETVersion%\Assemblies
and select the target NetOffice assemblies for your target office application. dont forget the using (Import in VB) statements as top of your code own code files.

which assembly you need for which office application
is defined in a table here: http://netoffice.codeplex.com/documentation

helps a bit?

Jul 9, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Many thanks indeed. Is it worth adding a short readme to this effect within the rar file?

Coordinator
Jul 11, 2012 at 12:23 PM

one thing more. its possible to register .net assemblies in a common register(GAC = Global assembly cache). all registered assemblies are listed in Visual Studio and i think SharpDevelop does the same. the next release comes with an option to register the assemblies in the GAC and a short how for the different way(but its pretty basic stuff for developers i find)

Sebastian