This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

NuGet Packages

Jun 28, 2012 at 9:11 AM

Hi Sebastian,

I have created a set of packages for nuget.

Because we need to distribute netoffice as a development dependancy.

I am currently hosting them on our private gallery but idealy would be better placed in the public gallery, I don't want to publish them, without checking with you first.

They cover all runtime versions and have been split to minimize download.

If your interested, I can drop box for you?

Dave

Jun 28, 2012 at 9:17 AM

hey dave

i'm not interessted to support nuget. nuget means give a microsoft product access to the internet. i dont support any kind of this scenario. you can do it if you want of course, the netoffice licence doesnt have any restrictions for publishing/deployment and so on but i'm not happy with the nuget idea.

Sebastian

Jun 28, 2012 at 9:51 AM
Ok, Sebastian, I can feel that...

Which platform do you use to develop & test NetOffice? I say this because I feel the 'microsoft' argument a bit long in the tooth.

1. NuGet Can be Deployed Standalone, and is fully compilable from source, if your security concious.

2. NuGet is a very opensource driven system (is this not we have always want from the more enterprise development 'houses')

3. If you use any microsoft production, it has access to the internet, period i.e. The Start Page in VS.NET, Help in any of the others)

4. And I think the most important of all, you have produced such a very high quality project, which will save us so much time.

Why make it deifficult for people to find out about and use, you excellent work?

Regards
Dave

To: [email removed]
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 01:17:51 -0700
Subject: Re: NuGet Packages [netoffice:361238]

hey dave

i'm not interessted to support nuget. nuget means give a microsoft product access to the internet. i dont support any kind of this scenario. you can do it if you want of course, the netoffice licence doesnt have any restrictions for publishing/deployment and so on but i'm not happy with the nuget idea.

Sebastian
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (netoffice@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email netoffice@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com
Jun 28, 2012 at 10:28 AM

hmm i think the microsoft argument is more actual as ever. i defend microsoft for a long time in limitless dialogs but now its over for me. this people have no respect for customers and her privacy.(same thing with other companies of course) my lovely windows xp is my last microsoft operating system, fun fact: xp has more customzing options as any modern windows versions. btw: did you know any new customzing feature in windows since windows 2000? okay off topic...

this is a screen from my current test/debug systems for netoffice: 
http://netoffice.codeplex.com/downloads/get/418017

i do tests in all windows/office versions of course, this need more time as the development(for my feel)

Nuget is open source but not free software, i create an issue(a long time ago) please create an external network connector for a better handling and configuration with personal firewalls - closed of course. i need to configure the remote ip/protocoll/port in my firewall and then its ~nearly~ okay for me. its a well-done behavior for any add-ins(also office) to shift any network communication in a seperate assembly/process. a demo project is available in the download section (Local Shared Data Example)

no product has internet access by default on my systems and thats the only usable way. i'm understand that nuget is easy to use of course and makes easier to update a prodcut but the principle as first(for me)

with the next office version i create a new update for netoffice with office 15 support and finish the com shimming support and some other benefits. after them i want to leave the microsoft environment and also netoffice. my follower(s) may goes a different way and want support NuGet.

Sebastian

Jun 28, 2012 at 11:28 AM
Absolutly Sebastian, I 'knew' the level of testing and quality of the development, virtualbox ++ ;)

yh no customisation, as for my experience of xp (post 6 months of use) is not what I would call a 'lovley' but I did'nt hate using it ;)

however it took a lot (work decieded for me) to switch to 7 after Vista I had moved almost everything to liunx... fedora my choice coz of packaging 'concerns' worked perfectlty then died and then died again.. resorted to droping on xp... ofttpoic..

anyway for me windows 6.1 ;) is a good platform all the promise of xp but good stability and a bi-directional firewall and a totaly new window manager.. that now works as well ;)

As for proxy on nuget i think that a proxy can be introduced via the app.config, had to do this for enterprise wcf connections...

well with that all said I am going to release the package, but only after a period of testing... I'm sorry that you have decieded to drop the platform... I think its their loss...

persoanly for me C# is lovely .. but novell's sellout of mono, almost made me stop using it...

thanks for a awsum solution.

Regards
Dave

To: [email removed]
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 02:28:21 -0700
Subject: Re: NuGet Packages [netoffice:361238]

hmm i think the microsoft argument is more actual as ever. i defend microsoft for a long time in limitless dialogs but now its over for me. this people have no respect for customers and her privacy.(same thing with other companies of course) my lovely windows xp is my last microsoft operating system, fun fact: xp has more customzing options as any modern windows versions. btw: did you know any new customzing feature in windows since windows 2000? okay off topic...

this is a screen from my current test/debug systems for netoffice:
http://netoffice.codeplex.com/downloads/get/418017

i do tests in all windows/office versions of course, this need more time as the development(for my feel)

Nuget is open source but not free software, i create an issue(a long time ago) please create an external network connector for a better handling and configuration with personal firewalls - closed of course. i need to configure the remote ip/protocoll/port in my firewall and then its ~nearly~ okay for me. its a well-done behavior for any add-ins(also office) to shift any network communication in a seperate assembly/process. a demo project is available in the download section (Local Shared Data Example)

no product has internet access by default on my systems and thats the only usable way. i'm understand that nuget is easy to use of course and makes easier to update a prodcut but the principle as first(for me)

with the next office version i create a new update for netoffice with office 15 support and finish the com shimming support and some other benefits. after them i want to leave the microsoft environment and also netoffice. my follower(s) may goes a different way and want support NuGet.

Sebastian

Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (netoffice@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email netoffice@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com