I'm developing an C# application and I'd like to have some integration with the Office suite.
But I don't know if NetOffice is my best option. Can you help me regarding that?
The solution is going to be used for students / teachers in the final semesters of Law School, that serve low income families - our customers.
Almost all the interaction between our department and our customers are done by our interns - the Law School students.
How it currently works:
1. The students talk to our customers (low income families).
2. If it isn’t the customer’s first visit, the intern queries our Access system to see the records form previous visits.
3. In these talks, the students try to gather all the information and actions needed to solve our customers’ needs.
4. Based on what the intern gathered so far, it has to report it. The intern opens up Word and types some basic info (like its name and its teacher) along with info about what the customer needs / what happened in the meeting.
5. The intern prints the report and takes it to be approved by his teacher.
6. Here, there are three options:
6.1 - the report is correct and has all the info: the teacher approves it as it is;
6.2 - the report is somewhat incorrect: the teacher tells the student what to change and the next version is implicitly approved;
6.3 - the report is incorrect: the teacher tells the students what needs to be changed, and the next version needs to be explicitly approved. He goes back to step 3.
7. When the report is approved, the intern copies the text from the Office document and pastes/add it to our internal Access system.
8. The teacher saves all the reports' versions. These reports are used to evaluate the students.
1. The approved report is not added to our internal system.
2. Extreme use of paper.
Solution: Word integration.
From our internal system, when seeing the customer’s history, place a button that would launch Word side by side with the internal application.
Remove the “Save / Save As” command. Replace with a custom Save button. That button would send the report to the internal system.
When evaluating the report, the teacher can then use Word’s revision control to correct things and make notes.
When working on the next version the student can then approve the changes.
Or maybe have just a panel with Word editing features in the internal system that would allow me to enter text.
Can this be accomplished with NetOffice? Or am I going to be better served using VBA? Do you have better ideas on how to proceed?
Thanks in advance, for your time and support,