Building the Solution and adding the word com add-in to word

Feb 23, 2013 at 11:33 PM
Hi

Once you have set up a project using the netoffice developer toolbox, written the code in visual studio express 2010, how then do you build the solution and say bring it into Word 2007 for example.

Thanks
Developer
Feb 24, 2013 at 11:21 AM
  1. Clear checkbox "Register for COM interop" (if you didn't run Visual Studio as administrator)
  2. Choose Build command from Solution Explorer or Build menu.
  3. Register your assembly with regasm utility (if you didn't run Visual Studio as administrator)
Feb 24, 2013 at 11:17 PM
Thanks for that. So for testing purposes you really want to run visual studio as the administrator so you don't have to keep registering your assembly. Thus you don't keep loading up the registry.
Mar 19, 2013 at 12:47 AM
Following on from the previous discussion I have been going through the net office COMAddinTaskPaneExample. I notice the following lines are added at the start of the Public Addin Class sub
Private Shared ReadOnly _addinOfficeRegistryKey As String = "Software\\Microsoft\\Office\\Word\\AddIns\\"
Private Shared ReadOnly _prodId As String = "WordAddinVB4.TaskPaneAddin"
Private Shared ReadOnly _addinFriendlyName As String = "NetOffice Sample Addin in VB"
Private Shared ReadOnly _addinDescription As String = "NetOffice Sample Addin with custom Task Pane"
Are these lines added as a result from registering the assembly with regasm utility

I also went through and clicked build on the project, it went through with no errors (obviously) what file type (I thought .exe however I could only find .dll files)do I then bring into word to use as a COM Addin.

Thanks again for your assistance