This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Problems with Outlook-addin 4 all Users, .net 3.5.

Dec 6, 2013 at 12:16 PM
Hi,

due to some reasons I have to use netoffice for .net 3.5.
When I set RegistryLocation to currentuser
RegistryLocation(RegistrySaveLocation.CurrentUser)]
Everything works as desired. But with registrylocation set to LocalMachine (which is a requiremnt)
 RegistryLocation(RegistrySaveLocation.LocalMachine)]
the addin simply does not load., no registry Keys are set in HKLM.

FYI: I'm working on a 64bit-Win7-Machine, and I am local admin

Regards,

Andreas
Dec 7, 2013 at 6:33 PM
Edited Dec 8, 2013 at 8:33 AM
yepp, this is a well known bug in NO 1.6 because the tools namespace was unpublished here(just a beta), but incredible, many customers want and use them.

the problem is because the outlook tools addin use the user key in the register method (COMAddin.cs) anytime(just only for outlook, what a fucking quality issue)
i suggest you to overwrite the register method and register at hand-. (or use the the latest source state, or modify the 1.6 source code(Outlook\Tools\COMAddin.cs), otherwise wait a week for NO 1.7)

sorry men for any convenience :(
*Sebastian
Dec 8, 2013 at 8:33 AM
edit answer notification
Dec 10, 2013 at 10:11 AM
TY for the information, I'll wait for 1.70.

Regards,

Andreas
Dec 11, 2013 at 4:18 PM
just for info:

overwrite COM register methods is a bit special because these methods was static. no chance to use virtual/overwrite.
to overwrite a static register method for a NO Tools Addin you need a special static method with an annotation in your addin.
something like this:

[RegisterFunction(RegisterMode.Replace)] // replace means, replace the base tools register method completly
public static void MyRegister(Type type, RegisterCall registerCall)
{
// create office registry keys
}

same for the unregister method:

[UnRegisterFunction(RegisterMode.CallBeforeAndAfter)]
public static void MyUnRegister(Type type, RegisterCall registerCall)
{
// remove office registry keys
}
Feb 12, 2014 at 3:44 PM
Hi Sebastian,

Are you sure that this is a Netoffice-Issue? I just played a bit with the registry keys, and I think that it is likely that it is an Outlook-Issue.

What I did is this:

Selected a working Outlook-Addin that is installed locally on my PC
  • Exported all relevant Registry Keys into regfiles (*.reg)
  • Deleted all Registry Keys, that I exported before
  • Changed the path of the registry Keys in the Regfiles from HKCU to HKLM
  • Imported the modified regfiles.
Effect: The Addin was gone in Outlook.

The reason of this experiment was that the Prerelease-Version of Netoffice 1.7 that you released (https://netoffice.codeplex.com/downloads/get/737223) did not solve the issue.

Oh, btw: Wouldn't it be easier if we discussed this in German? :-)
Feb 14, 2014 at 11:14 PM
hey andreas,

currently, i'm very busy. no way to review the NO Forum daily. please contact me here in german: public.sebastian[at]web.de.
please gimme all possible informations about your op system and your office version to replicate the problem in a virtual machine.

*Sebastian