Configuration file (App.config).

Jan 26, 2015 at 9:28 PM
Edited Jan 26, 2015 at 9:51 PM
Hi

I love the project, it's the second add-on that i'm creating using netoffice and i really love it.

However i have a problem with configuration file. I'm trying to use SQL Compact Edition in the add-on, but i need to define some entries in app.config. Which is not possible because of the calling assembly which is ignoring app.config of my add-on class, and it's trying to load Outlook.exe.config, which doesn't exist. My question is ... is there any other way of configuring add-on than editing Outlook.exe.config ?

If i don't understand something please, at least point me in the right direction.
Mar 13, 2015 at 10:48 AM
Same question about this topic, when I try to add the code behind to the app.config,
  <runtime>
    <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
      <probing privatePath="NetOffice" />
    </assemblyBinding>
  </runtime>
and copy the dlls to the bin\Debug\NetOffice folder, or add the dlls the the project\NetOffice folder, add them into project, and build them into Debug folder automatically.

it workes in a Windows Application (such as winform, wpf), however, this doesn't work when it comes a Assembly load error.

Waiting for the reply.

Best Regards,
Penn Ye.
Mar 13, 2015 at 11:07 AM
I'm affraid that you can't use configuration files for addons. I've switched to code based configuration. Only configuration file that is loaded is the Office application file.