This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Office 2016 support

Sep 6, 2015 at 5:04 AM
Rumors say that Office 2016 will be launched on Sept 22 this year.

Will NetOffice support it?
Coordinator
Sep 14, 2015 at 2:45 PM
hey men,

Of course, NetOffice want support Office 2016 but i want to wait for the official release to create new source and update toolbox.
last time(2013) i've been used the latest preview to create new source and this caused some issues. (few features missing)

Anyway, the MS Office COM Api is "no longer made". MSFT did not any changes(he say). In other words: Office 2016 is excactly the same as Office 2013 (from COM-based developer perspective) You can use Office 2016 right now in NetOffice without worries. The only drop act is the intellisense and toolbox support is not up-to-date.

*Sebastian
Sep 14, 2015 at 4:57 PM
Thanks for the update!
Oct 13, 2015 at 5:39 PM
Hi Sebastian,

Any new update here? I believe Office 2016 is officially released, right?

Thanks!
Nov 3, 2015 at 1:15 PM
I'm using this to create an add-in for excel, and would like 2016 supported.

Any timeline on when this will be the case?
Nov 4, 2015 at 12:12 AM
I'm using the current version of NetOffice in my add-in, FormulaDesk, and it works fine in Excel 2016. I think that the only thing missing in the current version of NetOffice is support for NEW features in 2016 that are not in previous versions of Excel ie: if you only need access to features that are already in Excel 2013, then you'll be fine using the current version of NetOffice.
Coordinator
Nov 5, 2015 at 7:06 PM
hey guys,

I'm sorry for the delay. I didnt use Office 2016 at home(and i dont have a legal licence here right now) For this reason i use the workstations in the company i work for to create NetOffice. I dont know why but my company need a bit to update Office and Windows to its current state. Today we got Win10(x64) and Office 2016 for all employees in my company. yeah :) I'm ready now and want update NetOffice very very soon(ASAP).

Moreover i still work for a guideline to see whats different in Office 2016. Yes its true - the COM API is the same but MS do some changes in behavior.
If anyone read this and find some differents(in behaviour) in Office2016, please answer or contact me.

*Sebastian
Mar 23, 2016 at 12:13 AM
Hi Sebastian!
Thank you for a fantastic library. I was just curious if you had an update on full 2016 support? I'm starting to get support tickets suggesting that our Outlook Add-in is no longer loading for some Office 2016 users.

Have you or anyone else heard of this?

Do you think it's possible that we do need NetOffice to built with the official 2016 libraries?

Thanks in advance!
May 18, 2016 at 2:43 PM
What have been the specific defects/issues that other folks have observed so far on Office 2016? x86 vs x64? Windows 7? 10?

Net Office has allowed us to support the same Addin across 2007-2013, so I am definitely willing to test, stress the bits and help out in this effort. =)
Jul 26, 2016 at 8:38 AM
Any update on 2016?
My code which I insert an image into a Word docx file works fine in Word 2013 but not in 2016.
            Word.Range rangeInitial = wordDoc.Application.Selection.Range;
            Object ol = false;
            Object os = true;
            Object or = rangeInitial;

Word.InlineShapes inlineShapes = rangeInitial.InlineShapes;
            Word.InlineShape inlineShape = inlineShapes.AddPicture(sStampFile, ol, os, or);
There is no response nor error when the code is executed.
Anybody has any suggestion?
Thanks.
Coordinator
Jul 27, 2016 at 2:45 AM
I can not reproduce the problem in Office 2016.
Please help me out to imitate your environment.

Windows Version (32 or 64 Bit)
Office is 32 or 64 Bit
What kind of image is that(png gif etc)

Sebastian
Jul 27, 2016 at 2:48 AM
Sorry,I've fixed this. It is my coding fault in the image generation.

Thanks for replying.
Coordinator
Aug 2, 2016 at 12:44 AM
@dingosharken

Can we talk in MSN Messenger (or skype) some minutes?

Sebastian
Aug 9, 2016 at 10:24 PM
Sorry, I switched to using Add-in Express for now.
Coordinator
Aug 9, 2016 at 10:37 PM
Addin Express is a very good choice and Andrei Smolin is a very talented programmer/company leader.

I'm sad to lost you in NetOffice and wish you good luck.

*Sebastian